Below are the laws that Courier Graphics Corporation must abide by for proper tax laws. If a client has any documentation that waives them of any taxes, please email it to Accounting for review.
Courier Graphics Corporation employees are not to make a suggestions or recommendations on how a client is taxed. Only accounting will determine the proper tax applied on invoices.
Arizona State Tax Laws
- If a project Bills & Ships in state: 8.6% tax
- If a project Bills out of state & Ships in state: 8.6% tax
- If a project Bills out of state & Ships out of state; except CA: 0% tax
- If a project Bills in state & Ships out of state: 2.3% tax
- If a project Bills out of state & Ships out of state, but has a facility in Arizona: 2.3% tax
California Tax Laws
- All projects are subject to a 7.25% use tax.
- Additionally, if Courier’s sales exceed $100,000 or has more than 200 shipments into a particular district, sales to that district will be subject to the district tax.
- CA Tax May be exempt if project falls under “Printed Sales Messages” exemption; a form will need to be completed for each individual project.
- CA Tax may be exempt if resellers certificate is submitted.
Tax Forms & Documentation
It is the client’s responsibility to determine which form applies to their particular business or project. See below for downloadable forms.